- Google-owned YouTube’s new rules around children’s content have come as a major blow to the content creators over the world.
- YouTube rolled out new rules over the globe from Monday, crippling customized advertisements, comments, notice, live chat and other highlights on “made for kids” videos.
- YouTube will presently treat individual data from anybody watching children’s content as coming from a child, regardless the age.
- Videos made for kids will now limit data collection and use restricting or disabling some product features.
- No longer any personalized ads, comments, live chat, notification bell, stories etc.
- YouTube too said that many creators around the world have made quality kids content for their audiences and these changes will have a significant impact.
- Whereas the quantum of effect, however, to be discovered, makers accept that there will not be any notifications on new recordings or comments.
- Videos will see lesser engagement and will not be picked up by AI-based recommendation engines.
- However, ChuChu TV has licensing and merchandising business in partnership with Dream Theatre.
- “The new policy will have a
significant impact on revenues of content creators,” said Kumar Deb Sinha, country
head of The StoryLab, the specialist content agency from Dentsu Aegis Network.
- Well-known kids’ network from
India is Chennai-based ChuChu TV, which has crossed over 28 billion sees and 30
million supporters on its lead channel.
- USP Studios runs over 550 kids channels on YouTube and is household to more than 50 excited characters.
- Whereas its lead channels, Kids TV, has over 14.6 million supporters and 5.95 billion, by and large, the company has crossed 50 million endorsers and 40 billion for its library containing over 30,000 videos.