Mumbai: Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) Metropolitan Commissioner Shri. R.A.Rajeev flagged off the Dynamic Testing of the Prototype Metro Train at Charkop Depot on Feb 25, 2021. This a step before starting the trial run process. the DMRC and BEML teams were also present.
- Train Set #1 was received at Charkop depot on 28.01.2021 & unveiled by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 29.01.2021.
- This is the first Metro train supplied under ‘MRS1’ Contract for the supply of 96 trains awarded to BEML,an Indian Public Sector Company, thereby promoting Make In India initiative.
- Since arrival at Charkop, checks by BEML engineers were done with 6 car trains separately divided into two units of 3 cars each being prepared for energization & limited movement using only hard-wired commands.
- For this, Train High Voltage traction supply system including Pantograph Controls, propulsion equipment & brake system have been tested in parts.
- Train was energized with 25 KV on 09.02.2021& first self – powered movement was performed on 16 & 17.02.2021 using one unit at a time.
- Now, with integrated 6- Car train formation dynamic low speed testing over test track (520 meters) in Charkop depot was performed on 25.02.2021.
- After completion of the above, functionality of various subsystems such as Vehicle Control Circuit, TCMS Controls & Interfaces with different sub systems, shore supply, High Voltage, Propulsion fine tuning with Brake system, Auxiliary Power Supply, Brakes & Pneumatics, Door System, Air Conditioning, Lighting, Passenger Announcement & Passenger Information System (PA-PIS) etc. shall be undertaken to verify each subsystem individually & with integrated train testing within depot.
- The above activities may take one month & once connectivity to the main line is achieved; train field trials will also start. With the arrival of second train set in March combined integrated testing of train with Signaling will start in parallel.
- MMRDA expects to complete trial runs in next 4-5 months, after which it will ready to start commercial run in the service of Mumbaikars.
Charkop Metro Depot:
The Charkop Metro Depot will take care of both metro line 2A & 7 operation & maintenance work. The said depot is spread on 16 hectares of land parcel is equipped with state of art technology “switch gears’, called gas insulated, which is compact, highly reliable and emits lower carbon footprint.
- The receiving substation at Charkop depot will be feeding 25 KV traction supply and 415 V 3-phase stimulating swift operations of both these Metro lines. The Power supply arrangement is made through underground cables from TATA power at 110KV voltage level from the nearest Malad station.
- The depot will have 18 stabling lines (16 for covered lines and 12 for open), fully automatic car wash plant, fully automatic PIT jack for lifting six coaches and supporting six coupled railcars for unscheduled repairs involving the replacement of one or more boogies, 24 mobile jacks and a catenary maintenance vehicle.