- The government in its budget cost has laid accentuation on infrastructure development over the state.
- This assignment is other than the Rs 2 lakh crore transport infrastructure ventures which are under different stages of execution in Mumbai Metropolitan Locale and the rest of Maharashtra.
- The State Government has proposed Rs 3,500 crore to complete the Konkan Marine Highway in three long years, Rs 15,000 crore ring road of 170 km to divert traffic entering the Pune city from the exterior.
- The government will launch the development of 40,000 km of street under Rural Road Development Scheme with a cost of Rs 1,501 crore and Urban Road Development Scheme of Rs 1,000 crore in 2020-21.
- The Pune-Pimpri Chinchwad Metro extend will be expanded with the improvement of new lines from Shivaji Nagar to Shewale Wadi, Maan to Pirangut, an extension of Vanaj to Ramwadi metro up to Chandani Chowk-Vanaj-Ramvadi-Wagholi. The government has proposed a cost of Rs 1,656 crore for the same.
- The government has granted an approval also to start tourist and passenger transport from Mira Bhayander to Dombivli on Vasai-Thane-Kalyan route under the National Waterways scheme.
- The government will give Rs 500 crore to the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) to buy new 1600 luxurious buses supplanting the old ones. A cost of Rs 200 crore is proposed. Another Rs 200 crore is proposed for the modernization of MSRTC transport stations.
Credits: Free Press Journal