- The city transport and
infrastructure planning body, Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
(MMRDA) is planning to commence civil development work on 4 new Metro lines up to
87.6-km-long route in 2020.
- As per the plan, MMRDA is
likely to commence the development work on the Metro-10 (Gaimukh-Shivaji Nagar,
9.2 km) corridor.
- Metro-11 (Wadala-General Post
Office, 12.7 km) corridor.
- Metro-12 (Kalyan-Taloja,
- Metro-14 (Kanjurmarg-Badlapur,
45 km) corridor, which will give a major boost to the urban rail network within
the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
- The metropolitan commissioner
said that the authority MMRDA has completed 25% of works on the Mumbai
Trans-Harbour Interface (MTHL), a sea-bridge which can interface Mumbai and
- The specialist has moreover
designated a private firm to conduct a study on traffic issues on the Western
Express Interstate (WEH).
- MMRDA is additionally planning
to commence the metro path run on Mumbai Metro’s Line 2A and Line 7 in
September this year.
- The rolling stock temporary
worker, BEML is expected to provide the primary prepare to MMRDA within the
last week of August.
- In last year on September 7, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has revealed the mock-up coach of the metro train coach deigned for Line 2A and Line 7 corridors of the Mumbai Metro Rail network.