Lockdown 4.0 implemented in Maharashtra in order to contain the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Maharashtra Government on Tuesday has released a revised list of rules. These rules will be actualized from May 22, said the order signed by Chief Secretary Ajoy Mehta. Concurring to the lastest rules, all Municipal Corporations of MMR locale counting MCGM, Municipal Corporations of Pune, Solapur, Aurangabad, Malegaon, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Amravati and Akola are within the Red Zone, while the remaining zones of the state are within the Non-Red Zone (Orange and Green Zones).
Activities allowed in the Red Zone:
- All non-essential shops will be allowed to continue as per relaxations and guidelines issued before this order and are in operation as per the policy of respective Municipal Corporation. Liquor shops will continue to operate if permitted home delivery or otherwise.
- All essential shops which are allowed and permitted to remain open before this order shall continue to do so.
- The shops/malls/establishments/industries, which are not allowed to open in the red zone, will be permitted to remain open, from 9 am to 5 pm only for the purpose of upkeep and maintenance of material/plant and machinery/ furniture etc. and for pre-monsoon protection activities of property and goods.
- All the industrial units which are permitted to operate.
- E-commerce activity for essential as well as non-essential items & material.
- All construction sites (Public/Private) are allowed to remain open and operational. All pre-monsoon works (Public/Private) are allowed.
- Taxis, cab aggregators, rickshaws are not allowed. In a four-wheeler (driver + 2) and two-wheeler (only rider) for essential work is allowed.
- All activities which are allowed and permitted before this order shall continue to be permitted. However, all private offices will remain shut.
Activities allowed in Orange and Green Zones:
- All markets/shops will remain open from 9 am to 5 pm. If any crowding or failure of social distancing norms is seen the authorities will immediately close down such market/shops.
- Two Wheeler (only rider), Three-Wheeler (1 +2), Four Wheeler (1+2) is allowed. Intradistrict bus service will be allowed with a maximum of 50% capacity per bus with physical distancing and sanitation measures.
- No permission is needed from any govt. authority to undertake or perform permitted activities.
- Sports complexes & Stadia and other public open spaces will be permitted to remain open for individual exercises. However, spectators and group activities will not be allowed. All physical exercise and other activities will be done with social distancing norms.
Activities prohibited across the state:
- Schools, colleges, educational training, coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed.
- Metro rail services.
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for security purposes or purposes as permitted by MHA.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, museums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- All social/politics/sports/entertainment/ academia/cultural religious function other gatherings and large congregations.
- Hotels, Restaurants, and other Hospitality services except those meant for housing health/police/Govt official/healthcare workers/stranded persons including tourists and for quarantine facilities and running canteen at bus depots, railway stations, and airports. Restaurants shall be permitted to operate Kitchens for home delivery of food items.
Credits: Free Press Journal