India will celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of the man who fought against the caste system and was instrumental in abolishing the practice of untouchability. His teaching of non-violence and truth is one of his famous teaching around the globe. Yes you guessed it right “Mahatma Gandhi”. Tomorrow is Gandhi jayanti and to mark this special occasion several programmes will be planned by the government, political parties, schools, colleges, societies and civic bodies across the country.
In Ahmedabad Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate in bunch of events. As per released schedule, Prime Minister will visit the Gandhi Ashram today, where he will spend about an hour and lay bouquet at the statue of Mahatma Gandhi. On Tuesday evening, PM Modi will reach Ahmedabad .The celebrations will begin with morning prayers at the Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad on Wednesday,. The Prime Minister will visit the event and after that will meet sarpanchs of village.PM will discuss to spread message of cleanliness by Gandhiji at the Sabarmati Riverfront.
On October 2, The Prime Minister will also declare ban on single-use plastic to fight climate change and make India an Open Defecation Free (ODF) country.
On Wednesday the government will also organise a unique combination of picking up litter while jogging named ‘Fit India Plogging Run’ across the country.
In Mumbai a film festival will be held from October 2 to 6, focusing on Gandhi’s message of non-violence and Swachh Bharat .
Nigeria is also not behind celebrating his birth. A local theatre group is running six-month festival name “Gandhi: The Musical”. The festival was presumed to include a symposium, an art exhibition, an Indo-African fashion show and a march for Chibok girls.
Following are the some of the famous quote by Gandhi:
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. …
- “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.”
- “Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
- “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.”
- “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”