Summers are around the corner and your skin need to be pampered properly. Summers are the time when the temperature soars, the heat and humidity can make your oil glands hyperactive. You will eventually end up with excessive sebum around the T-zone, itchy rashes, sunburn, and premature signs of aging. To prevent this we need a strong skin care routine as your defence.
So here are some useful tips which will help you to take care of your skin during the harsh summer months:
1. DRINK WATER: One of the most important tip is to stay hydrated. Do not forget to carry water bottle wherever you go it will help you to flush toxins out of body and you will feel refreshed during hot summer days.
2. CHANGE FACEWASH: Summers are the time when your skin will produces lots of oil so you need a foaming cleanser which contains salicylic acid, for people those who have dry and combination skin they should use non soapy face wash, people with normal skin should use gel based face wash.
3. APPLY SUNSCREEN: During summer, U.V rays produce by sun can permanently damage skin which can also cause sunburn, wrinkles, fine lines and premature ageing always remember to use sunscreen of SPF30, apply it twice a day.
4. ADD ANTIOXIDENTS TO YOUR DIET: During Summer it is very important to eat healthy and keep your diet in track. You should include seasonal fruits, pineapple, vegetable, seafood’s and fresh berries. Such fruit contains vitamins and nutrients, boost collagen, reduce inflammation and protect skin.
5. AVOID HEAVY MAKEUP: During summer always go minimal on makeup, Skin need to breath when weather is hot and humid, if foundation is necessary use tinted moisturizer with SPF and layer it with face powder to avoid any patchy spots. Instead of lipstick use tinted lip balm with SPF.Avoid heavy eye makeup, instead apply kajal.
6. EXFOILATION: Exfoliation helps in buffing away dead cells leaving skin radiant. Honey plus sugar makes best exfoliator. Do not over exfoliate your skin.
7. TONE YOUR SKIN: Toner is must have during summer, it helps in maintaining skin and keeping it oil free and clean. Toner helps in reducing the appearance of pores. Special attention should be given to T-ZONE because it secretes maximum oil during summer.
8. EYE AREA: Eyes need special care during summer, we should wear sunglasses. We should moisture’s our eyes during day and night. Massage your eyes every night to relax eye muscles.
9. STAY HYGIENIC: Overall hygiene helps to tackle the heat. Take a bath twice daily, which will help in keeping your skin fresh but also help you stay away from summer boils, Bad odour and skin diseases.
10. HOME MADE REMEDIES: Home-made remedies are best in summer, Honey and sugar is excellent home-made exfoliator for face and body, freeze aloe Vera juice and rub into your face every night, rose water can be used as toner, raw milk and corn flour helps in removing tan.