Mumbai: MediBuddy has reported that Corporate India’s overall risk score remains low as per the proprietary scoring method. The concept of regular checkups for healthy individuals is growing day by day. Many employers are setting up annual health check-up mandates for their employees. Even at the community level, the utility of screening for diseases when someone is apparently healthy is being appreciated now more than ever before. Employee health is of paramount importance as healthy employees can contribute better owing to enhanced productivity. It is imperative to continuously monitor employee’s health and seek timely care to avoid any major concerns.

In lieu of the same, MediBuddy has reported that Corporate India’s overall risk score remains low at 1.8 on a scale of 10. The data is based on MediBuddy’s Annual Health Check-Up program which uses a proprietary scoring method that analyses the health check results with their respective weights, on a scale of 0-10., a range of 0-3.33 is low risk, from 3.34 to 6.67 is moderate risk and from 6.68 to 10 is high risk.

Productivity in corporates’ also take a hit because of the poor lifestyle choices of employees. To help address the issue & create awareness on the same, MediBuddy has partnered with Great Place to Work® India & launched India’s first and the largest study to identify “India’s Best Workplaces in Health and Wellness.” This assessment will enable organisations to measure the effectiveness of their wellness programs and know their Workplace Wellness Index.

One of the most important factors for the low risk is attributed to the fact that as soon as employees come on board for this program, their health is mapped, and solutions are provided. Over 15 lakhs employees have been mapped so far across various cities such as Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Delhi, etc.

Mr. Satish Kannan, Co-founder & CEO, MediBuddy-DocsApp, said, “At MediBuddy, it is our vision to make a healthy India by providing healthcare access across the length and breadth of the country. The low-risk profile as stated in our data is a testimony to how we can prevent serious health concerns if timely treatment is sought out.”

Furthermore, the overall risk stratification states that 93% of the cohort belongs to the low-risk profile and the remaining 7% in the moderate/borderline risk profile. Risk stratification identifies deviations from normal reference ranges and is further categorized into low (0-33%), moderate (34-67%) and high risk (68-100%), depending upon the variation percentages.