Mumbai : Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray today said the lockdown will not be completely lifted after June 30. While addressing the state, Uddhav Thackeray said, “The lockdown is till June 30. What is going to happen after June 30? We have to keep the word ‘lockdown’ aside. But after June 30, will lockdown be lifted? Lockdown will not be lifted completely after June 30. However, there will be relaxation. We are walking on the edge. We are opening services only to revive the stopped economic cycle. I have left it to the administration to take the decision whether or not to re-impose lockdown depending on the ground reality,” he said.
Highlights of Today’s Speech
- We are fighting virus when Cyclone Nisarga hit the state. The administration was alert so the deaths were low.
- Lockdown till June 30. Keep aside lockdown. Lockdown will not be lifted but the government will continue to relax with due care.
- We are opening economic activities as the crisis is still there. Mission BeginAgain has launched but the coronavirus pandemic is still there. To push the economy we are opening-up.
- Local trains began for essential services, farmers are in the fields, we are there with them. In rural areas Vidarbha and Marathwada complaints received about fake seeds, Govt has taken it seriously.
- Soon nearly 11 lakh farmers will be given the benefit of crop loan waiver worth Rs 8 lakh crore.
- I thank you all religious leaders for their cooperation with the State Govt as religious festivals are being celebrated at low key.
- I will go to Pandharpur on the auspicious Ashadi Ekadashi and pray for an early restoration of normalcy from the coronavirus crisis, says CM Thackeray
- I thank the Dahahandi mandals for voluntary decision to cancel the celebrations in the present coronavirus crisis. Also for the Ganapati festival, I had requested to celebrate at low key. Mandals have responded positively, says CM Thackeray
- Public Ganapati Festival where the size of Ganapati idol be kept at 4 ft to avoid crowding at the time of arrival and immersion.
- Plasma therapy is being applied to treat COVID 19 patients. Doctors from the state are adopting treatment strategies that are being acknowledged globally. Plasma therapy is yielding positive results. On June 29 we are increasing centers. Maharashtra may be the first state.
- CM Thackeray urged the patients who are now COVID negative to come forward and donate plasma to save others.
- Application of Medicines the state is ahead. Name all medicine is used however, we need the nod from the Centre for Remdesivir and other drugs. We have received a nod. We will have enough stock. These medicines to be made available free in govt and semi-govt hospitals.
- We have unlocked activities leading to crowding which results in an increase in the number of patients. Chase the virus in Mumbai will now be applied in the rest of Maharashtra.
- Want to appeal to senior doctors above the age of 55-60 yrs to got the hospitals to treat COVID 19 patients. There are enough PPEs and the govt will take care of your health. The state needs you. Please go to the hospitals as ultimately your experience that matters.
- We have increased tests, anti-body and antigen kits procured also to undertake these tests.
- With the onset of monsoon, the govt is taking due care for monsoon related diseases. Want to appeal to citizens from Mumbai and other cities to take care to avoid water logging to curb infection of dengue or malaria during the rainy season.
- In rural and part of urban areas, some people are taking COVID 19 crisis lightly. Please do not do it. Wear a mask, avoid crowding. Do you need a lockdown? If the rise in cases then we may have to but I do not want. The decision is wholly on you.
- I have demanded to extend for another three months to distribute food grains for a saffron card or those without it as the crisis still continues.
- Maharashtra signed MoUs worth Rs 16000 crore despite COVID 19 crisis. I welcome investors to boost the economy and generate more jobs.
- Tourism, Industry, and other sectors Maharashtra govt is welcoming investments. After the budget, there is a crisis.
- Focusing on school and college education
Talking around credit waiver, which was guaranteed to the farmers sometime recently the elections, he said, “The process to waive off farm loans has been delayed due to the model code of conduct during local body elections and COVID-19 pandemic in Maharashtra. Now, we have decided to write off loans of the remaining farmers.”
Addressing the complaints he has got from farmers around fake seeds, the CM said strict action will be taken against those duping the agriculturists. “We have got some complaints from Marathwada and Vidarbha regarding seeds. This is unfortunate. We are taking a serious note of this. Strict action will be taken against those who have cheated our farmers,” he added.