CIDCO has developed the city of Navi Mumbai as per the Development Plan approved by the Government. CIDCO allots every land parcel on lease for a specific use and with specific FSI as per the provisions of Navi Mumbai Disposal of Land (Amendment) Regulations 2008 by executing Agreement to Lease.
Over a period of time as the city of Navi Mumbai has developed and has experienced increased population; there is a demand for change of use and increase in FSI from certain lessees. Earlier CIDCO had formulated a policy for permitting certain changes in use and increase in FSI only for a limited land uses. Additionally, the Govt. also issued various Govt. Resolutions in respect of granting additional FSI for categories like IT/ITes, educational, health, religious and hotel plots. In view of the above and also to address growing public demand, there was a need to make a holistic policy.
Hence, the CIDCO Board has now framed a comprehensive policy in its meeting held on February 2020 to permit additional FSI for specific categories, as per the prevailing Govt policies. For grant of change of user for certain categories a simplified rate structure based onCIDCOs Reserve Price is approved as elaborated below.
For grant of change of user for various categories, the applicant shall have to pay the additional lease premium as follows –
1) For Residential Plots (excluding Bungalow Plots) to Residential cum Commercial plot with increase in FSI from 1.0 to 1.5 – 22.5% of prevailing reserve price.
2) For Commercial Plots with 1.0 FSI to Commercial or Residential cum Commercial Plot with increase in FSI from 1.0 to 1.5, – 22.5% of prevailing reserve price.
3) For Residential cum Commercial Plots with 1.5 FSI to Commercial Plot with same FSI; Administrative Charges of Rs. 4500/- per sq m.
4) For Commercial Plots or Hotel Plots with 1.0 or 1.5 FSI to Residential cum Commercial Plot with same FSI; Administrative Charges of Rs. 4500/- per sq m.
5) For Service Industry, Godown including LPG Godown with 0.50 FSI or VPR 2.0 to Commercial Plot with 1.0 FSI, – 150% and for 1.5 FSI, -300% of prevailing reserve price.
6) For Storage/ Cold Storage/ Warehousing with VPR 4.0 to Commercial Plot with 1.0 FSI, – 150% and for 1.5 FSI, – 300% of prevailing reserve price.The above rates shall be levied on entire plot area.
The Board has also approved permitting change of user for similar/ compatible uses on payment of Administrative Charges of Rs. 4500/- per sq m on plot area. Additionally, the Board has decided to permit change of user from specified categories to Hotel use subject to enhancing the Conversion premium further by 125%. Further, it has also proposed to regularize the cases wherein the lessees have already undertaken change of user without seeking CIDCOs approval, on recovery of double the regular charges, for which an Amnesty scheme shall be declared on 1st April 2020. All the above change of user shall be permitted only if it is permissible as per the Development Control Regulations. Additionally, the Board has specified certain uses like Petrol/CNG pump, public utility, social, educational, hostels, APMC, Steel warehousing, marble godowns, etc. wherein no change of user shall be permitted. Additionally, as an environmental friendly initiative and with a view to encourage electric vehicles, the Board has decided not to charge any administrative charges for permitting change of user for electric charging stations for next three years.
The general public and the plot holders are requested to take note of the above policy and avail this facility. Applications can be made online on the CIDCO portal for this purpose.